Friday, June 16, 2006

The First Rebel Yell

Atticus arrived at 1.18pm on Thursday 15th June 2007 weighing in at 8lbs 14ozs, yelling all the way to the scales. He was considerably larger than we had anticipated, not that this was a problem of course, but it did take a little longer to get him out of the sunroof.

He was breach and didn't want to move from his warm comfy position so a c-section it was. I thought I was very
calm and handling whole thing enormously well until, some time later, they informed me I had been given morphine - marvelous :)


He was taken off to the nursery whilst the surgeons finished the job but reunited with us very soon afterwards. He knew what he wanted from the off and was in search of sustenance immediately, much to my relief and everyone el
se's amusement.

Soon after we were off, it was like a comedy bed race, me in my metal hospital bed and Atticus in his plastic see-through crib on wheels. Not sure who won but we found ourselves happily ensconced in another room.

The remainder of the day passed with a few visitors and lots questions from visitors and new parents. This also was the time when it was first said "look at his lovely red hair", I wish I'd had the camera to take a picture of Daddy's face right at that second.

No comments: